School history

return to previuos

School history

The beginning of the agricultural school


On 2 December 1944  Agricultural Secondary School for Male and Female  was formed in  Dzików’s residence.  The castle of count Tarnowski with other buildings was given for needs of the school. The school at first was situated in the right part of the palace, the remaining rooms were occupied  by the National District Committee in Tarnobrzeg and the boarding-school.

Marian Połowicz was an organizer, and then the first head teacher. The beginning was very difficult. There wasn’t the basic equipment of the school, teaching aids, textbooks, there were no programmes of teaching, qualified teachers.

31 schoolchildren began their education  on 1 March 1945. Not all of them had adequate preparation to education at secondary school, therefore one organized preparatory courses  on which one taught: the religion, Polish language, history, mathematics, chemistry, physics, geography, biology and hygiene. The  teaching staff consisted of head teacher, several resident  and several non-resident teachers from grammar school.  On 1 September 1945 the school changed the name on Secondary School of the Rural Farm in Dzików.




Short history of school patron

Wojciech Bartosz Glowacki (1758–1794), known also as Bartosz Głowacki, was a Polish peasant and the most famous member of the scythers (peasant volunteer infantry) during the Kościuszko Uprising in 1794. Born as Wojciech Bartosz, he became a Polish national hero during the battle of Racławice on 4 April 1794, when he captured a Russian cannon by putting out the fuse with his hat. For this, he was promoted to the rank of warrant officer and received a surname ‚Głowacki’. He was mortally wounded during the battle of Szczekociny on 6 June that year. Since that he has become one of the symbols of the Uprising and Polish valor.

Rządowy program „Dobry Start”

Wpisy tematycznie


Strona archiwalna

Czerwiec 2020
« Maj